Mountain Rose is a "must visit" spot during Christmas time. The beautiful Kinkade Christmas Village is back with a few fun additions. There's plenty to do, including ice skating, snowman bowling, dancing and sledding. The annual Christmas Hunt will begin Dec. 1 and this year is full of surprises. There are 18 ornaments to be found to receive your gifts.
Welcome to Mountain Rose, home to the award winning Shops at Mountain Rose. We are a family oriented, child friendly sim. We have and enforce family/child friendly behavior guidelines for all visitors. These are avaiable at our landing site.
Mountain Rose, Mountain Rose - Moderate
- leigh Ride Tour: Do return and explore more fully. 6 of the hidden Ornaments needed to get your gifts at the Gift Giver can be found in the village cottages.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: Notice below all those lovely cottages as we make a leisurely swing around the village. The church being central to this enchanting village.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: Our river has frozen over which makes for fine ice skating. Free ice skates are available in the larger pond.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: With so many children in Mountain Rose, there are always fun things for them to do, such as the play area you see below. Bowling for Snowmen is great fun.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: Make Snow angels, ride the Merry-go-round, the sled and much more.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: The Kinkade Coffee Shop is a great place to sit by a roaring fire, and drink a cup of warming cocoa.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: Hang on tight as we head up to the lovely Christmas Carol Venues. You will have the opportunity to climb the glass ramps to examine each one at your leisure, and to try your luck at finding the 12 hidden ornaments. 18 Total to claim your prize
- Sleigh Ride Tour: 12 of the hidden ornaments can be found in each of the Carol Venues. You can walk up from the 1st Carol by using the teleporter at the landing.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #1 Frosty the Snowman, was a jolly happy soul. Come back and make a snow angel and build a snowman, or just relax and enjoy the wonderland here.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #2. Jolly Ol' St. Nicolas is waiting for all the good boys and girls to make their wishes known. Hope you've been good.:)
- Sleigh Ride Tour: It's been told that some kids get coal in their stockings. Be sure to return and see if there is a gift for you.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #3. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. Have a dance or two when you return.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #4 I'll be Home for Christmas. A poignant reminder that so many men and women in the armed forces will miss Christmas with their loved ones.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #5 "The Holly and the Ivy" is a traditional British folk Christmas carol. The holly symbolizing Jesus and the crown of thorns, and the ivy representing His mother, the Virgin Mary.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #6. The Christmas Song, or better known as "Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire". Be sure to get some at the little cafe inside.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #7 The Drummer Boy, paying homage to the Christ Child. You are invited to pay homage as well if you wish.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #8 Deck the Halls with boughs of holly. Everyone join in....."Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. Come back and help decorate.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #9 Sleigh Ride. Can you hear those sleigh bells jingling? Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you. Might be a good idea to get that free snowball thrower too.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #10 I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. And wild and sweet, the words repeat of Peace on Earth, good will to men.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #11 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer certainly went down in history. Turn your fog lamps on and give a wave.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: #12 Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas with best wishes from the Mountain Rose Family.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: This concludes the tour. You may exit now and use the teleport here to return to the landing, or to the 1st Carol to seek the ornaments for the Hunt.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: And don't forget to seek the other 6 ornaments in the Village Cottages.
- Sleigh Ride Tour: Be sure to click the scrolls at each Carol to receive a copy of the carols represented at each venue. Thank you for visiting. We wish you and yours a most wonderful Christmas.